Commercial Garage Door Installation
Gerald Giel Garage Door carries reliable and energy efficient commercial sectional doors in a wide variety of design options available in custom sized installations for any commercial space. Our commercial door offerings from Garaga and Clopay are constructed with heavy duty components to ensure reliable operation as well as security. With door options that range from elegant glass panels to high security fully insulated steel panels we have a commercial door that is ideal for your facility. We are available for 24/7 Emergency Door service in addition to offering repair and service of any make or manufacturer of commercial garage door.
Insulated Steel Panel Construction
A High-pressure injected polyurethane
- Stronger and more energy-efficient insulation
- Solidly bonded to the steel sheets providing a section that is resistant to flexion.
B Smooth steel finish
- 23-gauge or 20-gauge steel, provides a bending resistance 15% greater than 26-gauge steel, for better resistance to impact and vandalism.
- Highly corrosion-resistant with galvanized steel having a minimum of G60 zinc coating (180 g/m2).
High Quality Components
C InterlokTM triple-contact joints
- Sections are strengthened by 2 steel walls joined together with mechanical interlocking joints which are more solid than just two bonded walls.
- Their Mechanical thermal breaks which are more efficient compared to thermal breaks made with glue.
- Triple-contact joints provide 2 times more weathertightness than those of the competition. Garaga Lab – Tested Logo
D Metal reinforcement plates
- Provide stronger fastening for hinges and struts. These 14-gauge plates are 2 times thicker than 20-gauge plates used by other manufacturers.
Insulating Thermal Barrier
E Wood end blocks
- Provide a thermal break that is more effective than steel end caps which form a thermal bridge. Garaga Lab – Tested Logo
- Structural elements of the sections, the kiln-dried pine wood end blocks are installed at the outer ends of the section. They are stronger than insulation covered with a steel cap.
F Lag screw system
- Provides much better fastening of the end hinges. The lag screws engage 8 threads into the wood, compared to a self-tapping screw going through a steel end cap engaging only about 2 or 3 threads.
Commercial Door Installation & Service
Commercial Garage Door Construction
1 1 Steel walls
- Hot-dipped galvanized steel with five coats of protective finish.
- 20-23 gauge exterior and interior steel skins
- Baked-on polyester paint. Can be repainted.
- Smooth finish on both sides of the door.
- Same quality of corrosion-resistant steel for interior and exterior faces.
2 1 ¾” (44.5 mm) insulated door with high-pressure injected polyurethane foam ensuring a high thermal-resistance rating of R‑16 (RSI 2.8 or k= 0.357 W/m2K) and the solidity of a composite material.
3InterLokTM joints between each section:
- Mechanical joints ensure stronger sections with walls of each panel mechanically interlocked (not only bonded by the polyurethane).
- Mechanical thermal break avoids heat transfer between the interior and exterior walls of each section.
- Triple-contact joint prevents air infiltration.
4 U-shaped tubular bottom weatherstripping made of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) ensures the weathertightness of the threshold. Remains flexible and watertight during cold weather, to -62°F (-52°C).
5 Wood end blocks made of kiln-dried pine (grade 4). With our lag screw system, ensure better fastening of the end hinges. They also provide a thermal break which prevents thermal bridging.
6 14-gauge steel reinforcement plates placed inside the door for solidly attaching hinges and struts.
Please feel free to contact us via phone, email, or the form. For 24/7 emergency service please use the phone number below. We offer free no obligation quotes and we encourage you to reach out for any questions you have surrounding your home's exterior doors and garage doors or commercial door installation, service or repair.